I’ve discovered a great deal about writing music from Allan Blank’s composer’s notebooks. Yet, the the greatest lesson I’ve gained from Mr. Blank is that music whether simple, or complex can be found everywhere. Now, as a parent, I want to teach my child this musical concept and that they too can be a composer. And who better to help me illustrate than Elmo?

Elmo, even though he is only 3 1/2 years, old wrote the music and lyrics to his very own song. If Elmo can, composers of all ages should try too!

Are you interested in how the composers of Sesame Street wrote songs that have remained with children for generations (I still will randomly break out into “Rubber Ducky You’re the One!…”)? Then click HERE for an interview from Chris Cerf and Norm Stiles, writers from Sesame Street.

Would you like to begin composing music with kids? Then click HERE for A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Songs With Your Kids by Will Stroet.

Most of all, have fun! The world could always use more people wanting to fill it with music.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail