- Not checking the condom before sex (74%)
- Neglecting to check the expiration date (61%)
- Not having a conversation about condom use with the partner before sex (60%)
In addition, various technical errors were found, including:
- Putting on the condom after initiating sex (43%)
- Removing the condom during sex (15%)
- Not leaving space at the tip of the condom (40%)
- Placing the condom on upside down on the penis and then flipping it over (30%)
How can we confront this dilemma? Should we have programs on campus that teach individuals how to properly use a condom? Is this an issue only men should address and should feel responsible for? What do you think?
KIBS is currently a student in WMST 495, Sexing the Body. Chime in with your thoughts in the comments section!