After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Define cybersecurity
- Describe how cybersecurity affects our daily lives.
- Identify disciplines that affect and are effected by cybersecurity principles and design.
- Set up an ePortfolio.
- Describe why cybersecurity is an interdisciplinary societal issue
- Describe associated disciplines related to cybersecurity
- Identify various pathways to careers in cybersecurity
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to the ePortfolio
- Overview of Free ePortfolio Platforms
- What is Cybersecurity? (Part1)
- What is Cybersecurity? (Part2)
- The Student’s Role in Cybersecurity
- Digital Safety
- Introduction to Cyberthreats
- Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
- Craigen, Diakun-Thibault, and Purse (2014). Defining Cybersecurity
- Bourgeois. Information Systems for Business & Beyond – Chapter 6
- Explore the following websites, including some of the reports listed:
- Cybersecurity Is An All-Hands Effort
- An Introduction to Cybersecurity Careers
- What is Your Password?
- How do You Start Your Career in Cybersecurity?
- Pathways to Careers in Cybersecurity
- Social Network Safety