After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe how the discipline of information technology relates to cybersecurity.
- Define information security
- Compare and contrast exposure, threat, and vulnerability.
- Identify three types of security controls
- Explain the importance of cybersecurity policy and training
- Identify how cultural beliefs interact with technology to impact cybersecurity strategies.
- NIST: An Introduction to Information Security – SP 800-12
- van Ommeren, Borrett & Kuivenhoven (2014). Staying ahead in the Cyber Security Game
- Fundamentals of Information Systems Security/Information Security and Risk Management
- Kigerl (2016). Cyber Crime Nation Typologies
- Global Cybersecurity Index (2017)
- Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of Computer Security
- Vulnerability Types
- What is a Threat, Vulnerability, and Risk?
- A CISO’s Dilemma
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Email and Phishing
Play some of these cybersecurity games:
- NOVA Cybersecurity Lab
- Texas A&M Cyber Security Games
- MySecureCyberspace from Carnegie Mellon University
- CyberCIEGE from Naval Postgraduate School