After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Discuss the impact of cyber technology on engineering systems
- Identify common vulnerabilities in engineering cyber systems
- Discuss the impact of cyber attacks on engineering systems
- Describe fundamental design principles for securing engineering cyber systems
- Understand and describe how the components, mechanisms, and functions of cyber systems produce security concerns.
- Electric Grid Security and Resilience: Establishing a Baseline for Adversarial Threats
- What are the major threats and risks in electrical grid systems?
- The State of Industrial Cybersecurity 2017
- Ask yourself: What are the major threats and risks in industrial cyber systems?
- What can we do to mitigate the risks in engineering cyber systems?
- Brooks, Garcia, Lefkovitz, Lightman, & Nadeau. (2017). An Introduction to Privacy Engineering and Risk Management in Federal Systems
- Cyber Attack Examples in Engineering Systems: Operation Ghoul
- Network and Computer Security
- 5 Ways To Prepare For, Respond To, And Recover From A Cyberattack
- Cryptology vs. Cryptography
- Key Concepts in Cyber Physical Systems
- Cyber-Physical Systems Security
- Industrie 4.0 – The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Attack Examples in Engineering Systems: Power Outage Hack Attack in Ukraine
- Cyber Attack Examples in Engineering Systems: New York Dam Attack