About Me

The library is inhabited by spirits that come out of the pages at night.”

– Isabel Allende

Welcome! My name is Stephanie Moreno, and this is my e-portfolio. This portfolio serves as a place to house the work I’ve completed for Old Dominion University’s Masters of Library Science program. I am an ODU alumnus and received my Bachelor of Science in Psychology, graduating with honors. In addition, I have certifications in computer science and worked as a software engineer for ten years, supporting the Federal Government. Combining my tech background with library science offers a unique perspective of where libraries are headed and how librarians can better serve our communities.

I am a Library Instructional Assistant in a high school with Arlington Public Schools. I discovered a desire to protect information resources, advocate for underserved patrons, diversify school libraries, and help build better learning systems. My hope is to transition to a School Librarian to empower my students and encourage lifelong learning by connecting patrons to the resources they need. I strive to foster a safe space for my patrons, be mindful of all student backgrounds, curate a diverse library collection, and affirm that all feel safe and welcome in the library space.

Please take look around at all the projects and assignments that I have completed throughout my time at ODU. Use the tabs and links at the top of the page to view my resume, philosophy, and artifacts.