Journal Entry 1- Entrepreneurship

Am I an entrepreneur?

Yes, I am an entrepreneur. One thing I have in my head involves making a company that writes, publishes, and even animates story ideas that I have had in my head. The story has been going on in my head, and I have thought about writing the script on paper. I have not thought of a company name yet, but I always thought of this as a backup idea if becoming a digital forensics investigator falls through.

What is success?

Many people have other ideas to describe the term success, but my description is: Success is the completion of a goal set by either yourself or others. These goals can include personal improvement (working out more), work tasks, completion of classwork, etc. The term success can apply for many reasons, but this is what I believe to be the true meaning of success.

Am I a self-starter? How well do I follow through on my ideas?

I am a person who needs to grow more as an initiative-taker. I often have ideas that I like to apply, but I hesitate. As I get older, I try to change that mindset and go with things that I feel are right. Most of the time, It works well, and I am pleased with the results, but I still have a ways to go if I want to be at the level I know I can be. It will take time and determination to become a true self-starter.

How does ODU view entrepreneurship?

ODU views entrepreneurship as a term to describe anyone who has ideas. It does not matter what your dreams are, what you do now, or what your future goals are. If you have an idea and plan for it, you have the mind of an entrepreneur. ODU also embraces interdisciplinary entrepreneurship and has many faculty who embrace it.

What is my role in this ecosystem?

My role to play in this ecosystem is to grow into a leader. If I follow my heart and goals, I can grow to become a well-versed Computer Forensics Investigator. And even if becoming a good computer forensics investigator falls through, I have ideas to stand out and add something to the world.

One Comment Add yours