Have you ever thought about a career in teaching Middle School Science, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics? MonarchTeach is a teacher preparation program at ODU that is now funding scholarships for students in the program who commit to teach in high needs school partners upon graduation!
- Apply to the GEMS program and turn in your application to Dr. Bowers in ED building Office 4132.
- Your application will be reviewed by a team of faculty who have expertise in the Sciences and Teaching. You will be notified if you are accepted or not accepted into the program.
- As a 1st and 2nd year GEMS student, you will have opportunities to work alongside teachers in the middle and high schools and receive a monetary award for this work.
- As a 3rd and 4th year GEMS student, you will have opportunities to participate in more details of teachers’ work and to prepare yourself for your student teaching experience before graduation. For these two years, you will receive tuition and book financial support.
- After completing the program, you commit to two years of teaching in a partner high-needs division for every year of support from GEMS.
If you need more information, please contact Dr. Bowers at email@example.com or 757- 683-7048.