2023 Ph-IRES Schedule
*The following schedule is tentative and is subject to international and national COVID-19 restrictions that may be in place in 2023.
Activities not scheduled to take place in the Philippines will be done by remote with students at their home institutions.
- December 31, 2022: Application deadline
- Late January/Early February 2023: Selection of summer participants
- March-April: Remote orientation and pre-research training workshops; plan research with mentors
- Late May/Early June: Travel to Dumaguete, Philippines
- Week 1: Orientation, Bioinformatics Workshop
- Weeks 2-5: Research in laboratory of Silliman University mentor. Weekly deliverables toward scientific manuscript and presentation
- Week 6: Intensive data analysis workshop
- Weeks 7-8: Research wrap-up, return to US
- Post-summer: August-October: Remotely work with US and Filipino mentors on presentation for SACNAS and revisions of scientific manuscript
- October: Present research at National Diversity in STEM Conference (SACNAS)
- December: Submit manuscript for peer-review