Midterm Project Summary

Step 1- Communication

We all found a way to connect to one another through the wonders of technology.

Step 2- Delegation

I volunteered to do the bulk of the research, as I have a speech impediment, and would not be able to help with the video portion of the project.

Step 3- Research

The research was completed on a Google Doc, so that the entire group could have access to the amassed information. All information was posted with sources.

Step 4- Collaboration

Isaiah used research to create a rough draft of the video project.

Step 5- Rough draft

We all watched the rough draft.

Step 6- Review

We gave our opinions on the rough draft, and gave pointers on certain areas, and brought up a few things we all agreed on adding and/or changing.

Step 7- Editing

The rough draft was revised, and the final draft was created.

Step 8- Review

We all watched the polished and completed version of the video. We agreed that the video met the criteria for submission.

Step 9- Submission

Isaiah submitted the final draft to BlackBoard.

Was working in a team productive and beneficial? Why/why not?

Working with a team was very beneficial for me because I have a speech impediment and would most likely have been unintelligible, had I needed to make a video. Other than that, though, it was probably way more stress than it was worth. In this instance, it was very difficult to get people communicating on a frequent basis. As soon as the groups were posted, I sent out emails, and it took until a week or two before the due date that I heard anything from anyone. It was very discouraging, to say the least. However, that’s simply the way the world works, so I guess it’s good training for the future. I’m sure if it was in a corporate setting, or if a job was on the line, people would be more punctual in their correspondence. But you never know who you’re going to be paired with in life. And despite our less than stellar teamwork, we did manage a perfect score; so, I suppose, somehow, we did work as a team. I know I would love to work with Isaiah again, as I can trust him to create quality work. I have no doubt that Val and Chase, given enough forethought and time, could also create quality work. Unfortunately, as it happened, they didn’t really get to in this round.