The Vision Lab aims to develop novel theory, state-of-art algorithms, and architectures for learning and real-time applications in human and machine-centered interaction and recognition; biomedical imaging and signal analysis; and environmental and geoscience applications based on the disciplines of computer vision, signal/image processing and AI/machine learning.
- Dr. Khan Iftekharuddin has been named a 2023 Outstanding Faculty Award winner by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). He will receive his award, along with a $7,500 gift from the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, at a March 7 ceremony in Richmond. See the article in ODU News.
– January 2023
- Vision Lab hosts students in the Cyber Security – Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU). Jose Aguilera is from Amherst College Computer Science Program with a research interest in security applications using Deep Learning. Charlotte Carter is from Worcester Polytechnic Institute Data Science and Computer Science Programs with a research interest in Cyber Security for Medical applications.
– June, 2022
- New Traineeship Program Supports Graduate Studies in Accelerator Technology at Jefferson Lab. See article in ODU News
– February, 2022
- More than 50 current and former Old Dominion University faculty are among the top 2% of most-cited researchers in the world, according to a Stanford University study. See articles in ODU news and Batten College of Engineering and Technology News.
– January, 2022
- The U.S. Department of Energy has recently funded $3M joint traineeships award to ODU, JLAB, Hampton University and Norfolk State University designed to support graduate-level education in critical need areas of accelerator technology. Drs. Jean Delayen and Iftekharuddin are the co-PIs for the ODU site. Read more at VITA page.
– January, 2022
- Congratulations Walia Farzana on receiving the Batten College of Engineering and Technology Graduate Fellowship Award for 2021-2022 academic year.
– May, 2021
- Dr. Khan Iftekharuddin to be Honored at Provost’s Spotlight on March 2 where he will talk about his life and work. The event is recorded and available for viewing: Provost’s Spotlight Video. Check out the article in the ODU News.
– March 2021