Entry 1

Why are you interested in cybersecurity technology?

My interest in cybersecurity stems from how the world is becoming more evolved and how things are starting to become more digital. Since these past couple of years even more things have decided to go virtual due to covid, it seems only right that cybersecurity should become more of a topic in everyday life. Covid has made a lot of things go more virtual and in doing so a lot of people have had to learn how to work technology, but everyone has not learned how to protect themselves while using technology. These changes that are coming to pass, are making everyone more and more at risk of a cybersecurity threat. Everyone from students, to employees, business owners, and companies all have some type of work that they do that is online. My interest comes in because I am a student and a business owner that relies heavily on the internet to get my work done. With the cybersecurity risk being as present as it is in my everyday life, I would like to educate myself on the topic to be able to limit as much risk as I possibly can in my student life, as well as in my business owner life. With consideration to my lifestyle being a full time student and business owner that works online, I believe it is the biggest risk to not educate myself on cybersecurity and leave myself vulnerable to a potential cybersecurity breach. Over the last couple of years there have been several cybersecurity breaches just about everywhere, which makes it very clear that if you do not take the time to learn about cybersecurity there is a very high chance that you may fall victim to it and I would not like to be categorized into that group. Overall, my interest in cybersecurity technology is to be sure that my internet accounts are as secure as possible.