Stay in "the loop" with all things related to Academic Success Mentoring

Summer Activities

Summertime is the best time to make yourself stand out! You have the option of taking summer classes, doing a club or activity, or even working to make some money to pay for school. During the summer I like to take a class or two as well as working at least one of my jobs to make sure I have enough money to pay for my bills and any other necessities I may need for the summer. I like having some free time as well to enjoy summer camping and going to the beach. By taking a class or two during the summer I am able to take less classes during the fall and spring to ensure that I still graduate on time! 

Another possible option that I see a lot of students doing is they will look for internship opportunities to build their resume and better prepare themselves for future jobs. During these breaks you want to be productive enough to make yourself look good while also not overworking your time off.

If you do anything after college whether it is graduate school, medical school, or even employment, they will all look to see what sets you apart from others. One good way to do so is to have your summer be a time of growth and development! If they see that you took a class, worked a job, and enjoyed your favorite hobbies then you will have more to talk about at an interview than someone who just sits on the couch all summer. Remember Monarchs now is a great time to begin planning out your summer activities to ensure you stand out from the crowd!!!