Activity Summary 1

This internship is mainly focused on healthcare management to help provide me with the opportunity to experience how the work field is operated. As an intern, this internship has taught me certain skills such as interpersonal skills, data entry skills, and research skills.

Healthcare administration plays an important role  in the health field and as such building my interpersonal skills is very critical. Not to mention, the importance of communication can help determine a patient’s problem to help improve patient care  and satisfaction. During my internship I was assigned to conduct a phone interview with a group of participants who took part in a project.  This experience helped me  gain the  confidence I need in interviewing people.

In addition, I gained knowledge on data entry coding  by inputting data into excel and coding it. Likewise, data entry is very important because it helps to inform health professionals of issues in the community in order to find effective means on how  to resolve the issues affecting the community. Not to mention, the experience I gained help me realize some issues affecting a specific population and as such the data would be used to find more ways to improve the issues.

During my internship,  I was assigned to find information regarding a research topic. I was able to use my skills from my previous classes to help guide me on how to look for articles that can help conduct the review for the topic . In all, the  experience  I have earned so far play a part in some of the goals I want to earn at the end of my internship.