Activity Summary 3

During the last trimester of my internship, I was working on finding community resources for Chesapeake and Norfolk, and a team project with a fellow intern involving COVID-19. During this time, some skills I gained were responsibility, creativity, and critical thinking skills. 

Firstly, responsibility is the act of being accountable for a role or a job. It is very important in organizations because it helps to make decisions that can affect others and one’s self. For instance, one of my responsibilities as an intern was to ensure that my daily and weekly tasks were completed on time for submission. Likewise, the project involving COVID-19 was divided into three parts namely safety information, policies, and laws on health departments regarding the virus, and resources for communities and businesses. These parts were due at the end of each week for three weeks, and as an intern, I completed my work on time.

Secondly, creativity is the ability to use ideas to create a product. It is important in organizations because it helps to create new ways for issues. Likewise, I used my skills to create a presentation that included the symptoms of COVID-19, treatment methods, and preventive methods to avoid the virus. In addition, the information on the virus included pictures to help visualize certain measures individuals can use to avoid the virus This presentation will help teach the community on the pandemic (COVID-19) and how to stay safe. 

Thirdly, critical thinking is the ability to analyze and evaluate an issue to find the best solution for the issue. It also helps to understand the best method of strategy to use for specific issues. Moreover, I improved this skill by working on a project with a fellow intern by gathering information on how to research and evaluate relevant information on COVID-19. I thoroughly searched various health department sites and articles to make sure the information I gathered was accurate. In addition, this skill helped me use criteria such as accuracy and credibility to find suitable information for the community.

In all, these skills have helped me improve myself in ways that will play an important role in my career. For instance, I can elaborate on how I played a role in creating a presentation for my community in an interview. Lastly, the integration of the skills I accumulated since the beginning of my internship will help me a lot in the future and more.