As a university administrator, my driving philosophy is that higher education should bring together a diverse group of learners and build a sense of community that promotes change and innovation in an ethical, respectful, and empirical way. Our efforts must be guided by research, experience, and a desire to improve the future by creating and sharing knowledge to those who can and will use it to promote sustainable change. My leadership experiences include:
- Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, Old Dominion University, 2013-current
- Chair, Hampton Roads Cybersecurity Education, Economic, and Workforce Development Alliance, 2016-present.
- Department Chair, Department of Criminal Justice, Georgia State University, 2007-2013
- Department Chair, Sociology and Criminal Justice, Old Dominion University, 2004-2007
- President, Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, 2014-2015
- President, Southern Criminal Justice Association, 2010-2011
- Editor, American Journal of Criminal Justice, 2005-2009