We made it home!

Yesterday is a blur. 6:30 am hotel departure, 10:40 am flight from Krakow to Munich; 12:20 pm flight from Munich to Washington, D.C. Dulles; 515 pm flight from Washington to Norfolk. Below is our last picture, minus Kaerra Smiley who left a few hours before we did for a flight to Guam and Dr. Chapman who stayed on a few extra days in Krakow. This was by far the most extensive study abroad trip I’ve ever done…years of planning, really, an evolution of sorts. And it was also the most exhausting. I really didn’t realize how much it took out of the students physically and emotionally until some conversations on the plane ride home. I always push myself through the fatigue and foot pain, and I’ve been such a traveler all my life, I think I forget sometimes how difficult travel can be. I’m always in the “teacher-zone.” But Alex, Logan, Melonie, Kelly, Dan, Elena, Kaerra (Smiley) are amazing students and for different reasons, I’m proud of each and every one of them. Thank you for taking this voyage with me and Dr. Chapman. May the memory of this course remain with you always as a lesson in human responsibility. You were brilliant!

Leaving Kraków