Stay in "the loop" with all things related to Academic Success Mentoring

Morning Motivation

The stress of college can feel unbearable at times and make you question why you’re still in school. The energy you had when you started college; whether it was last month, or two years ago, may not be the same anymore. That’s why it’s important to check-in with yourself every morning to make sure you’re staying motivated.

My favorite way to motivate myself is to take a few minutes to think about my current short-term and long-term goals. This acts as a reminder to myself that even though I might not want to study in the library for five hours, or drive 30 minutes for a class, that the stress will be worth it in the end. If listing your goals in the morning is not what works for you, that’s okay! Different methods will work for different people. 

Another way to keep yourself motivated is to repeat a mantra to yourself every morning, like one of these: “It is enough to do my best”, “Be stronger than your excuses”, or “Life is short. Let’s do this”. This will help to keep you grounded in case you start to get distracted. Starting out your day in a positive, and reaffirming, way will set the tone for everything that follows.