Stay in "the loop" with all things related to Academic Success Mentoring

Manage Your Time

• If I told you a 2 months ago that every student would have ample time to get all assignments done would you have believed me?
  • If I told you that you would have freedom and flexibility each day in terms of work schedule would you accept it?
  • If I told you that the free time you have been wanting to start something new in your life is coming would you be excited?

I understand that life is absolute crazy right now and everyone is trying to take it day by day. I understand that everyone is focusing on being grateful for life and cherishing their loved ones. But the current events going on in the world has brought some of us the very thing we were desperate for, time. Almost every college student I know struggles with time management, trying to figure out how to fit everything into one day. Well now we have time each day to be productive academically, emotionally, and socially.

Some of us have been desperate for rest, just to sleep in a couple of days, that opportunity is here. Some of us have been yearning to read that new book, now you can. Some of us have been waiting for the perfect time to transition toward healthy eating habits, you finally can. And some of us have been begging for time just to work on ourselves. Whatever you have been desiring to do before, but couldn’t because of time, you can no longer use time as an excuse. Time is at your fingertips and can literally plan your day start to finish.

I know that there are some restrictions on what we can do and what we can’t do and I advise everyone to follow those regulations. However, you know have time to accomplish so many things and if it is in alignment with the policies set forth by the government, then go for it. Pick up a new hobby, start brainstorming ideas for your business, start a healthier diet, create a new resume, or even reintroduce yourself to yourself. If you come out of this quarantine, which I hope everyone is doing, without a new skill then you have wasted your time. Use these days, weeks, and months to better yourself in areas that you have been wanting to focus on all along. Time is ticking, what will you do with it.