faculty and staff organizations

Town-N-Gown

The Town-N-Gown is an independent, informal association of men and women dedicated to developing a mutual understanding between Old Dominion University (ODU) and the various civilian and military communities of Greater Hampton Roads. Established as a social committee under the Faculty Wives Club, Town-N-Gown was established in 1965 by Dr. John R. Tabb, Dean of the School… read more »

Faculty Emeriti Association

The Faculty Emeriti Association was established in February 1982 to help Old Dominion University utilize all the institutional knowledge and creativity of its retired faculty. The association was founded by Dorothy Jones, Faculty Emeritus from the School of Business. Some of the first tasks of the organization included tutoring students, counseling professors and aiding disabled students with… read more »

Old Dominion University Faculty Wives Club

The Old Dominion University Faculty Wives Club is a social and service organization made up of faculty wives from Old Dominion University (ODU). History Founded in 1950 by Virginia Rice Webb, the wife of Norfolk Division Director Lewis W. Webb, Jr., the Faculty Wives Club served as a source of socialization for the original sixteen to… read more »

Sidebar