After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe how the discipline of philosophy is related to cybersecurity.
- Describe the role of cybersecurity in defining definitions of appropriate and inappropriate behavior.
- Describe how cybersecurity produces ideas of progress and modernism.
- Understand and describe ethical dilemmas, both intended and unintended, that cybersecurity efforts produce for individuals, nations, societies, and the environment.
Please read the attached article and click on the embedded audio files within the article to listen to lecture material. Be sure to download the PDFs—the audio will not play when they are opened in a web browser.
- Technology and Responsibility: Reflections on the New Tasks of Ethics
- Technology and Responsibility: Reflections on the New Tasks of Ethics Audio Notes
- The Onlife Manifesto: Introduction & The Onlife Initiative
- Hyperhistory and the Philosophy of Information Policies
- Designing the Public Sphere: Information Technologies and the Politics of Mediation