A colleague passed along to me the following information. I know students who have been very happy with their experiences doing fellowships with NARAL Virginia.

My name is Nicole, and I manage a leadership development program for undergraduate students at NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia, a state-level advocacy organization leading political, policy, and advocacy work for reproductive freedom across the state. I’d love to bring on board students from ODU next year and I would be super appreciative if you could share the fellowship opportunity with your department faculty, student listserv, or anyone you think might be interested.

The fellowship is a paid developmental program that lasts the full academic year—we have a curriculum that covers everything from community organizing principles to elections to legislation and lobbying. It’s my goal to find students who may not have the strongest resume, or the most experience, but they have the passion and desire to learn—and really train up and empower them to be the best advocates they can be. Through the program, the fellows undertake an advocacy project of their own each year to improve reproductive healthcare access for their peers. One of our biggest success stories to date is supporting fellows at George Mason and Hampton Universities as they successfully expanded access to emergency contraception on their campuses.

I’ve attached a one-pager to make it easy to share, and everything can be found on our website, www.naralva.org. The application deadline is June 15 (rolling until filled), and students can either apply directly or be nominated by professors, peers, etc.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you’d like to chat more, and thanks so much for considering sharing!

Take care,

Nicole

Nicole Liberatore (she/her)

Special Programs Manager
NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia