Why are there no umbrellas???

After spending almost two weeks, traveling the country and seeing some of the most amazing sites, tasting the food and experiencing the culture. The one thing that many of the locals reiterated to the group was that the weather was unusual for May. During this time frame, it rained more days than there was sunshine.
We were only on the trip for a couple of days when my umbrella broke. As in, it completely disintegrated in my hands as I was trying to close it. Unfortunately, I was unable to purchase a new umbrella due to the time. Most shops in Kazimierz close early during the work days and we were leaving, early in the morning for Oświęcim. Once we arrived in Oświęcim, every shop, whether it was clothing or sporting goods, even a primary school supply shop, nobody had umbrellas, and the forecast for the next couple of days at Auschwitz-Birkenau, was rain.
I tell you all this because as we were sitting at a red light, on the bus, and I just happen to look over and notice a corner kiosk. The corner kiosk had almost everything a person would need at the last minute. But, what caught my eye was sitting front and center … barbies. I laughed when I saw the barbies, and all I thought was, ” yeah, can I get a candy bar, water, and oh, I’ll take the barbie in pink too?”

1 comment

1. But of course, they didn’t sell umbrellas, and Barbies won’t help protect you from the rain!