Norfolk Division

Bud’s Emporium

Bud’s Emporium was the snack bar and gathering spot for students at the Norfolk Division of the College of William & Mary. The snack bar was named after Audrey T. “Bud” Paul, a business administration student, and was the main dining option on campus until Webb University Center opened in 1966. History When the Norfolk… read more »

Strome College of Business

The Strome College of Business is one of the colleges at Old Dominion University (ODU). Most of the schools and offices for the college, including the dean’s office, are located in Constant Hall. The Strome College of Business is the oldest college on campus and consists of the School of Accountancy, Department of Economics, Department… read more »

A. Rufus Tonelson

A. Rufus Tonelson was a student, teacher, administrator, and benefactor of Old Dominion University (ODU). Tonelson was among the first three students to register for courses at the Norfolk Division of the College of William & Mary in the fall of 1930. A start athlete in baseball and basketball, Tonelson was a member of the… read more »

Charles Sibley

Chalres Sibley was the founder and first chair of the Department of Art at Old Dominion University (ODU). A noted painter, Sibley taught all the art classes for a period of time after he arrived in 1955 out of a room in the Old Larchmont School. He received his bachelor degree from Ohio State University,… read more »

Technical Institute

The Technical Institute was one of the larger programs of the Norfolk Division of the College of William & Mary and provided vocational skills for those over 16 in areas such as auto mechanics, drafting, photography, and air conditioning repair. History The Norfolk Division established free classes during World War II for students to attain… read more »

Constant Hall

Constant Hall is one of the five building that make up Kaufman Mall on the campus of Old Dominion University (ODU). It is located on the east side of the mall between the Visual Arts Building (VAB) and Webb University Center. It is home to the Strome College of Business. History Dedicated in 1963, the building was originally named J.A.C. Chandler… read more »

Health Sciences Building

The Health Sciences Building is located on Hampton Boulevard between 46th Street and 47th Street. It has been home to the College of Health Sciences since 2006. The building features classrooms, office space for the college and its faculty, clinics for dental hygiene and physical therapy, and the University Theatre. History Opened in 1959, the building was originally… read more »

Dragas Hall

Dragas Hall is one of the five buildings that surround Kaufman Mall on the campus of Old Dominion University (ODU). It is located on the East side of the mall next to the Visionary Arts Building (VAB). It is currently home to the English Language Center, Office of Study Abroad, International Programs, and the Filipino American Center, among… read more »

Leo Anthony

Leo Anthony (1940-2019) was an all-star basketball and baseball player at the Norfolk Division of the College of William & Mary from 1957-1961. He was the first All-American athlete in the history of Old Dominion University (ODU) and was a member of the first ODU Sports Hall of Fame induction class in 1980. Norfolk Division Athletics Born and… read more »

Department of Communication and Theatre Arts

  The Department of Communication and Theatre Arts at Old Dominion University (ODU) is one of the departments in the College of Arts and Letters. The department offers the Bachelor of Science in Communication and a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre and Dance. History At the Norfolk Division of the College of William & Mary, theater productions were mostly… read more »

Sidebar