The Office of Research is responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Local Regulations and University Policies related to:
- Welfare of laboratory animals
- Protection of human subjects
- Safe conduct of research using of biological materials, microorganisms, toxins, and recombinant & synthetic nucleic acid molecules
- Safe use of radioactive material and radiation-producing machines
- Attention to safety and integrity issues
Information on compliance requirements can be found at the Office of Research compliance site or more specifically at:
- Submissions to the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), Institutional Review Board (IRB), and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) including new protocols, amendments, annual renewals, and close-out reports, must be submitted electronically via IRBNet.
For further information, please contact Adam Rubenstein, Assistant Vice President of Research Compliance, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 683-3686.