Assignment Takeaway #4

This assignment required me to do five nice things for people that I do not know and to track various elements of those good deeds. The first good deed that I did was help my neighbors shovel snow out of their driveway. I did this good deed because I was already out shoveling snow and I thought it would be nice of me. My neighbor reacted in a positive way thanking me for my actions which made me feel good. The 2nd act I did was hold the door open for strangers at a restaurant that I went to, it was a simple act but it was just one a did out of the natural reaction of which I felt neutral with the strangers leaving with an appreciative attitude.

The third is that I paid for a family’s meal while at a local waffle house. I felt pretty good about it and the family was very appreciative of what I did. The fourth good deed was that I donated some clothing to a shelter which made them happy for the donation and I felt good about donating to those less fortunate. The fifth good deed that I did was that I gave a high tip to my waiter when I went out to eat. The waiter was appreciative and I felt good that I did it. I think my life would change a little bit if one good act a day was permanently practiced because it would make me feel a lot better about what I do and it could potentially give me a wider amount of people who would support me through my lifetime.

I chose this image because it was relevant to the topic of good deeds and it gives a little advice on the topic of doing good deeds that was said by Oscar Wilde.

Good Deeds Quote 3 Picture Quote #1
http://www.picturequotes.com/good-deeds-quote-3-picture-quote-664048