The Women’s Center at Old Dominion University (ODU) offers programs and events that promote gender equality and addresses the unique challenges women face when pursuing higher education.
The Women’s Center was established at ODU in 1976, making it one of the first of its kind in the nation. The original purpose of the center was to assist adult women considering entry or reentry into education or the workforce. Over the years, the Women’s Center has offered continuing education courses, sexual assault prevention programs, and sponsors the Women’s Institute for Leadership Development (WILD).
- ODU Women’s Center Records, Special Collections and University Archives, Patricia W. and J. Douglas Perry Library, Old Dominion University Libraries, Norfolk, VA 23529.
- Old Dominion University Photographic and Multimedia Collection, Special Collections and University Archives, Perry Library, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, 23529.
- ODU Photographic Collection, Old Dominion University Libraries Digital Collections, Old Dominion University Libraries.
- ODU Women’s Center website
- Bookman, Steven and Jessica Ritchie. Old Dominion University: A Campus History Series. Arcadia Publishing. Charleston, South Carolina, 2017.