G. William Whitehurst Hall, or Whitehurst Hall familiarly, is one of several residence halls on the campus of Old Dominion University (ODU). The complex, which features two six-story towers, is located on the west side of campus overlooking the Elizabeth River.
In 1983, ODU opened the Mid-Rise Residence Hall to house approximately 600 students. The residence hall featured a large lobby, cafeteria, and dedicated floors to house handicapped students and quiet study. In 1996, Mid-Rise was renamed G. William Whitehurst Hall in honor of a former U.S. Congressman and popular government professor who first came to Old Dominion in 1950.
- Old Dominion University Photographic and Multimedia Collection, Special Collections and University Archives, Perry Library, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, 23529.
- ODU Photographic Collection, Old Dominion University Libraries Digital Collections, Old Dominion University Libraries.
- Building the University, Old Dominion University Libraries Digital Exhibit, 2005.
- Bookman, Steven and Jessica Ritchie. Old Dominion University: A Campus History Series. Arcadia Publishing. Charleston, South Carolina, 2017.