Albert Brooks Gornto, Jr. Hall, or Gornto familiarly, is home to the Distance Learning program and the Center for Learning and Teaching (CLT) on the campus of Old Dominion University (ODU). The building is located between the New Education Building and the Patricia W. and J. Douglas Perry Library along 43rd Street and is named in honor of Albert Brooks Gornto, Jr., class of 1956, donor, and a member of the ODU Board of Visitors.
Construction of the building began in 1997 and it was dedicated in June 1999 with ODU President James V. Koch and Barbara Gornto, Albert Gornto’s widow, in attendance. Gornto Hall was originally built to house the expanding TELETECHNET distance learning program. Today, most of the satellites used in the TELETECHNET program have been discontinued as more and more students are taking courses through the revamped ODU Online program.
- Old Dominion University Photographic and Multimedia Collection, Special Collections and University Archives, Perry Library, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, 23529.
- ODU Photographic Collection, Old Dominion University Libraries Digital Collections, Old Dominion University Libraries.
- Building the University, Old Dominion University Libraries Digital Exhibit, 2005.
- Bookman, Steven and Jessica Ritchie. Old Dominion University: A Campus History Series. Arcadia Publishing. Charleston, South Carolina, 2017.